Our Adoption Journey

Our journey to start a family through the miracle of adoption.

Thursday 16 May 2013

My Mothersday

Ah yes, Sunday was Mothersday - celebrated by many and as it seems, dreaded by a whole bunch. I read a couple of blogs and was in awe of the different emotions that this day stirred up. From seasoned moms enjoying a day being spoiled by their children, to first time moms excited by having the opportunity to celebrate this special day, to not-yet-moms, hiding in their houses or implementing emergency plans on how to survive the day.

I had a pretty good day. I went to the mall - yes, the mall - filled with Mothersday decorations and specials and people handing out chocolates and cards. A couple of salespeople, cashiers and even the car-guard wished me a Happy Mothersday. I was like thinking, REALLY?? Do I look like a MOM to you?? I guess I did, so I smiled and said thank you very much...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go for smiling & saying thank-you! You're a mother at heart and a mother in waiting!

    ReplyDelete